Saffron Elixir Tea - A Recipe for Health
by Hakim M. Salim Khan, M.D. (M.A.) M.H. D.O. M.I.R.C.H. F.G.N.I.
This amazing tea drink is delicious, health-promoting and easy to make.
When used regularly, some of its main benefits include:
- helping to remove anxiety and depression
- helping to improve circulation and memory
- helping to improve complexion
- helping to improve immunity
- helping to promote sleep
- helping to promote your sense of wellbeing
What You Need
Time Required: 15 minutes - Recipe for 4 servings
- Milk (500ml) (Raw Organic Milk, if possible)
- Seeds from 3 Green Cardamom Pods (crushed)
- 7 Strands of Saffron
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Almonds (60g) (blanched)
- Honey (4tsp) (optional)
- Blanche almonds by soaking them in hot water for 10 minutes and then removing the skin
- Chop the blanched almonds into small pieces
- Put the milk in large steel saucepan and allow to boil for about 10 minutes
- Once the milk has boiled, lower the heat to simmer and add all the above ingredients (except for raw honey). Stir well for 3 to 5 minutes
- Remove saucepan from stovetop
- Allow to cool to a drinkable temperature
- Stir in four teaspoons of raw honey (optional)
- Serve, drink and enjoy!
For a dairy-free alternative, use 500ml water instead of milk.
Disclaimer: This information is provided for education and information purposes only. Please consult your healthcare professional for personal advice.